Extramural

Wide-angle opinions on media and communications

Monday, May 12, 2008

Deliver what you promise

Slice of Italy is a pizza delivery service in New Delhi and I have been somewhat of a fan of their pizzas. Its glossy brochure happens to showcase Roman submarines and highlights their size- a full 10". And the displayed picture is tempting. I ordered one submarine sandwich yesterday, and it came inside a box that would barely hold a 6" pizza. Inside, the sandwich was cut into two halves, and wrapped in thin transparent plastic that made it look like anything but appetizing. The real thing as delivered was just too different from what was promised on the brochure. It did not make me cringe, I did not call them and asked for a refund, and more importantly, I found it reasonably competent on taste. But they had one chance to show that aside from their great pizzas, they deliver exactly what they promise- and they blew it. I would have liked if their order taker had taken the trouble to inform me the gruesome injury the sandwich would have to endure as it was forced to fit inside a box not made to size.

I will still continue to order from them, but next time I will stick to pizzas.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home